Proper opening and repair of GSA containers is essential for retaining GSA approval. This class teaches methods for opening and repairing GSA security containers authorized by Federal Standard 809.
All authorized methods of opening are covered with emphasis on drilling under the dial ring.
Drill rigs and their setup, types of drill bits, drilling techniques, and safety are covered. Repair is conducted to include proper hands-on welding and finishing of the repair.
The following is covered in detail:
- Federal Standard 809 (current revision)
- Drilling techniques for most black label containers
- Drilling techniques for red label containers
- Welding as part of GSA container repair
- Painting and finishing techniques for repairs
Do you need this class? Test yourself with these questions:
- Can a Map and Plan container be drilled outside of its dial ring area and retain its approval?
- What is the proper repair for a red label container that was opened by cutting the drawer bolts?
- Does a repair require painting on the inside of the container?
- Must a container be recertified if it is drilled and repaired to the Federal Standard?
Topics in this course are also included in our GSA Certified Safe and Vault Technician course.